Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Pets > Dogs and Puppies

Dogs and Puppies Chat about Dogs and Puppies

Old 05-08-2008, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Great News!!!

well...anabell graduated yesterday......for the third time...haha...but this time it seemed like it was for real...no barking at other dogs, no muzzle...just happily listening to the sits, downs, and watch me's...she was a little wound up, but i think it was because of us being so excited for her!!! our dog trainer said, "i think anabell is the most improved dog i've ever seen!"
we have a long way to go....(since training goes on forever)...but next week....advanced training starts!!! i think we're all looking forward to it...and now that bailey (bailbug's baby) and anabell are good old friends (since last sunday) we already have a friend in class...we'll make sure to take plenty of pictures!! please continue to wish us luck..

gotta love that bully smile!

Calvin--"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of man?"
Hobbs--"I'm not sure that man needs the help."

Bill Watterson author of Calvin and Hobbs
Old 05-08-2008, 12:19 PM

Annabell Rocks!! She did so good!! I'm really looking forward to finally moving up to do some advanced stuff!!

You both should be very PROUD!! See you at class . . .

Judge the Deed, Not the Breed
Old 05-08-2008, 02:11 PM

same here...and same to you!!! i think both anabell and bailey were getting pretty bored!!

Calvin--"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of man?"

Old 05-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Administrator

I know I'm repeating myself, but AWESOME!!!!!!!! Both of you!!!
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 05-12-2008, 10:15 AM

so i went to my parents house yesterday for mother's day. i told them i was bringing the new and improved anabell....they gave me the attitude over the phone that "we'll believe it when we see it" well, they saw it!! they said she was a very good dog! my uncle couldn't believe a dog that was a little over 1 year old behaved as well as she did. just more proud stories! oh...and before we went over my parents house, we stopped at the pet store....just for socialization...and one of the women working there said that she was jelous...because of how well anabell listened!!

this is turning into more a boasting thread than an update thread....sorry....but i'm just so proud!

Last edited by amstaff : 05-12-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: add in
Old 05-12-2008, 01:03 PM

You should be proud of yourself! You stuck with it even when it didn't seem to be so great.
It looks like anabell really likes the agility. I have some homemade agility things that I use for my Otro my german shepherd. He has a set of weave poles and a hoop to jump through, and a little teeter totter(which is way to short for him now. I made it for a smaller dog.) He had a one of the pole jumps but he broke it. He caught onto the weave poles really quick which really suprised me as my other dog had a really hard time with them. They can be challenging but it is very rewarding when they finally get it. One thing I did with Otro was to use on of his favorite toys (anything!) to lead him through the poles and then we played tug with it as soon as he reached the end.
Keep up the good work!
Old 05-12-2008, 03:04 PM

Keep up the good work and moving to advanced training will really show them how great she is!! I'll bring Bailey over too and we can have a dog show!!
See you Wed. at school . . .

Judge the Deed, Not the Breed
Old 05-21-2008, 11:22 AM

just a quick update....last training class was cancelled...we were all bumbed...well hopefully today's will come through!!!

funny (as in wow this stuff really happens) story

i was on the phone with a friend and he was getting me upset. i had just brought anabell in from a potty break. she knows our routine....she sits until the leash comes off. well long story short..i was getting loud on the phone and poor anabell thought she was getting in trouble for something...she had no idea what was going on. the entire time i was on the phone she just sat there...even after the leash came off!! i felt sooooo bad. after the phone call i finally looked over and saw my anabell with her ears back, head down, and tail still. i called her over to me and played with her for over and hour.....i still feel guilty.

it just goes to show you, how receptive they really are. not just to your tone (i'm a loud person in general, anabell's used to that) but to my emotional state!! she really knew i was pissed! i just wish she didn't think it was her....

Old 05-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Hehehe, Anabell has already forgotten all about it..remember, they move on really fast?

Also remember: guilt equals weakness in the animal world.

I had that happen a few times that I was on the phone and my dogs thought I was talking to them, after all, they are not rationalizing that you speak to your hand or why, so I learned to make sure that they know I'm not talking to them.

Gotta run, just got a call, a baby duck is waiting at the shelter for me to be picked up. Now that's a first LOL.
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 05-22-2008, 12:39 PM

well yesterday was the first day of advanced training.....anabell did pretty good!! we learned the "recall, down, recall" the "heal, down" and the "heal, wait" ((basically a full on heal with a stay/stand))

anabell even did some off leash stuff!!

the only problem we had was the recall, down, recall....when she's recalled..she comes charging at me...she stops and doesn't run into me...but she doesn't leave any time for the down command. anyway...can anyone help...we're trying to slow down her recall...any suggestions???