Memberlist
Calendar
Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Pets > Cats and Kittens

Cats and Kittens Talk about cats and kittens.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Cute Picture

Last Jan. (15th Jan), the mother cat delivered 3 cute little kittens. In fact I wanted to share with you guys but I was very busy with many things.

Shake & Phoenix.

BTW, Shake is very ill rite now. She's dying! I just realized she looks very weak during lunch hrs just now. Last nite she eats well, naughty & playful as usual. I guess it's b'coz of the cold weather even though we place the kittens in the pat vending with thick blanket. It has been raining heavily since last wk.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:22 PM

They are so cute! I hope little Shake get better.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Administrator

I am sorry to hear about your kittens. Have you had any of them tested for feline leukemia? It is a horrible disease that takes the lives of many cats. I am not a huge cat fan, but I do have a cat that I rescued (he just kept coming in our yard and meowing at the back door, I couldn't say no). We tried to find his owners (put up found cat posters, called the vets, called the shelters, even tried putting him on freecyle), but no one claimed him so now he is ours. He is a beautiful and seemingly healthy cat, but we took him to the vets and he has feline leukemia. It is pretty much where they don't have an immune system and eventually just get sick and have no way of fighting it and die. I was going to adopt Rumble (that's what we named the cat), but since he has feline leukemia, we are keeping him. I couldn't bear to give him up and have someone fight to keep him alive when he gets sick. I talked with a lot of people with cats that died from feline leukemia and that was their number one regret, they tried to keep their cat alive and gave them all kinds of meds and all it did was prolong their suffering. Every last person said they would take in another feline leukemia cat, but the moment it showed signs of illness, they would put them to sleep and not allow them to die that horrible death. It might be worth it to test for feline leukemia, because if one has it, they can spread it to all the other cats (it is spread through the saliva so they often get it after getting in a fight with a cat with it or if they share the same water dish or something.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Wow, thanks for sharing that. Being an owner of 4 leukemia positive cats, I'm not looking forward to them getting sick. So far, 3 of them are 6 years old and 1 is 12 years old, none of them got ever sick.

They had their fights and wounds and scraps, but all healed just fine.

I'm glad I have all of mine fixed, because the ugly part of the disease for kittens is that they can get to like 6 weeks of age before they start showing symptoms. And they all die.

If they catch it after they are 6 months old, they are ok and can get very old without showing any symptoms. But they can also get sick early and die.
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 02-20-2008, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffytial View Post
They are so cute! I hope little Shake get better.

No, she didn't make it. She died around 3PM something yesterday.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:19 AM

Thanx squirrelsrule for sharing. Boy, you've a long nick. In fact, the 3 kittens are my sister's pets. I only look after them when I'm at home. Hopefully after this, she'll bring them to the vet.

MissDolittle, our other cats like Akeer & Tiger are doing very well. Tiger never got sick since she was a little kitten except eye infection. She's quite chubby.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the update hun!! That's good news!! Where the post before that isn't...I'm sorry to hear that. You always have kittens around, don't you? I'm going to email you a vet who does some spaying and neutering around your place hahahaha!
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 02-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Administrator

lol, my name is kinda long. On the other forum I go on people just call me SR&BT, or SRBT, makes it easier to type.

I am sorry to hear that your cat died.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:37 AM

sorry to hear that you kitten died
Old 03-13-2008, 08:35 PM

It's okay. A few wks after Shake died, Keanu got sick & died too. And today when I woke up, I found Phoenix is no longer breathing. In fact I wanted to post something yesterday but I was very sick. I got to see the doctor since I was vomiting the whole nite & couldn't take care of Phoenix. I didn't know she was sick but she was crying the whole morning. So I put her into a thick sock, gave her medicine & she was doing alrite. Last nite I was unable to attend her b'coz of my condition but I managed to cover her with thick blanket & gave her medicine. But too bad she can't make it. I realize she ate less unlike usual she'll make noisy sound while enjoying her food.

It's raining season back home & it's very cold. We never put her outside to sleep & only in the cage (pat vending) with thick blanket.

Oh God, I'm going to miss her a lot! You know she was quite a "fierce" (get angry quickly) little kitten when you tease her. Whenever she played or teased other cats like Akeer & Tiger, she'll make noises. Hmmmm...... I hope the mother cat will get pregnant again.

Last edited by nouri : 03-13-2008 at 09:52 PM.