Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Wildlife > Squirrels

Squirrels Talk about squirrels.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:10 AM

Default Re: 15 new Babies

OMG Sweetie! The video is absolutely precious!!!! Thanks so much for what you do!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Administrator

This will probably be the last movie of the lil buggers. They are all grown up now and ready to go. They will be picked up this weekend by another rehabber and taken down to south-east Texas for release.

However, I will have to keep one of them back...either I keep him or the other rehabber will, haven't discussed that yet with her, but he is showing signs of pneumonia and is losing fur. It's the runt, the smallest one that always has given me health problems. He is not releasable..at least not yet.

All the others are as healthy as they come. See for yourself:

Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 11-03-2008, 07:12 PM

I can't believe you know which ones you've fed and which ones you haven't! They are all so cute and so active!!! Good luck with the little one that's still sick. I have my hands full with two; I can't imagine 15!!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Administrator

I was never able to keep them apart! While I was feeding them by hand, I took one, fed it, and put it in another cage. By the time they were outside, I just fed them until nobody came for more.

Well, they are finally out of here! I had them split up by gender the last 2 weeks, because they were fighting all the time.

A very kind trucker offered to take them along to East Texas today where the grays are native. So I spent a long time yesterday trying to catch those lil buggers and get them into a carrier...fuuuuuuuuuuurget it!

I ended up putting ferret cages in both enclosures, took all boxes and food and branches out of the enclosure and put a box and food into the ferret cage, so they had no other choice but to go in there once it got dark.

And sure enough..I sneaked in there at 10 PM and just closed the doors to the ferret cages. That was too easy lol.

This morning I was able to get the 3 girls into the cage with the 5 boys and off they went fighting over everything! Now they are on their way to East Texas in that ferret cage and will be free soon!

That makes my wildlife rescue EMPTY! OMG, I'm already bored, heheheheheeeheee. Time for the big clean up and small repairs!
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog