Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Introductions and News > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself This is a good place to tell a bit about yourself.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Default Re: Hello, Everyone!

sorry I haven't been on in a while..!

Fluffytail-yup, some birds of prey do migrate-but you also have some that don't migrate. They are called Residental hawks. I know a few places around where I live where I've seen the same 3 hawks over the last 4 years, still hunting off of the same poles and hunting those same fields! But, then again, you get the migraters who you'll only see a day or two and then they are gone forever, either south or north of ya!

My 2nd Red-Tail, Storm, was trapped late in the season and she was migrating through (we could tell this because she was irregularly dark for the area where I trapped her-here in Missouri.) You see, darker Red-Tails are typically from Western US, whereas the lighter Red-Tails are from the Eastern areas-though you do have partial albinos/albinos and melanistic Red-Tails occur in both areas! It sounds like those coops are there to stay- erm, unless theyv'e left by now, hopefully they haven't!

Sometimes I feel like I'm a bird with broken wings. At times I've drempt my now and envy where I've been. But that's when quiet wisdom takes control; at least I've got a story no one's told. I've finally learned to say: "Whatever will be will be!" I've learned to take to good, the bad, and breathe. 'Cause although we'd like to know what life's got planned, no one knows if shooting stars will land.