Memberlist
Calendar
Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Introductions and News > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself This is a good place to tell a bit about yourself.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:24 PM

Smile Hello!

Hi guys!

Thank you for this forum Ms. Birgit!

I am 15 and I live in Fort Worth, Texas. I have always wanted to be an animal rehabilitator. I have two dogs- one is a sheltie named Picasso (boy) and he is 11 years old. He is my childhood buddy! The other dog is a black lab mix named Jasmene (girl) and she is 8 years old. I have a cat named Tigger-Tiger/Tig (boy) who is an orange tabby (my fav. cat breed) who is 4 years old. He is a huge cat who is really mean but I love him anyway because i have wanted him since I was 4. I also have a gerbil named Bernadette/Bernie (girl); two african dwarf frogs; and about 10 fish!

I am really glad I joined and I hope to get information for getting on track to become a mammal rehabilitator. So if anyone has any information on college and high school courses that I could take, please let me know!

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Hello!

Hey Bekah,
Welcome to the forum, we are glad you are here. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. I have a male cat named Tigger too. But he is a grey tabby and 17 years old. He is the coolest cat ever, my daughters used to dress him in baby close and put him in the stroller.

When you get to college ,make sure you take psychology classes as well as biology. Psychology really helps with animal behavioral studies and animal training.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Hello!

There she is! Welcome on board Bekah! I'm glad you made it!

There is a section in this forum called Rehabber's Corner. There are a few threads where we talk about what it takes to get a permit and where to find the info.

As to school and college, I would say pay close attention in biology. College depends on what college and what direction you decide to go...if you want to maybe go the medical route, research route, science route, management route...maybe you discover along the way that you want to work with birds of prey instead of squirrels for example.

But they all have biology in common.
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog