Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Pets > Cats and Kittens

Cats and Kittens Talk about cats and kittens.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Default My cat

I have a cat and this is his story:

On sunny, summer day, when I was 11, my dad was gone on a hunting trip (crazy- I know because that is the total oposite of what I want to be when I grow up) and it was just my sister, my mom, and me home. The phone rang and it was our pets' office. They talked for a long time and when my mom got off, she called us over and told us that they said they found a baby orange tabby that was about 2 or 3 weeks old and shouldn't have been away from his mother yet. They said he probably wouldn't live through the night but we were welcome to come get him and try. I had always wanted a cat so I was really excited! Note: my dad hates cats. We hoped into the car and drove to the vet's. When we got there, they came out with a tiny baby kitten wrapped in an orange towel. He was soaking wet and shivering because they had already given him two baths to try and get all of the fleas off. They handed him to me and it was love at first site! We picked up some formula and wet food, he already got his first shots. Then we went to Petsmart and got a litter box, a collar, and a food bowl. We went home and my mom picked fleas off of him for two hours, then she put the formula into a syringe and she had to force feed him. Then we put him into the cavernous (compared to him) dog kennel so that the bigger dog wouldn't squash him. My dad came home and got really mad! He and my mom had a big fight but they got over it ( and now my dad is the only person the cat likes!). We moved the kennel into my sister's and my room. I was afraid to go to bed because I wanted him to be okay. When I woke up in the morning, he was the first thing I thought of, I ran over to the kennel, and he just perked his little head up and looked right at me! I was so happy!
Now he is the huge mean cat that the whole house knows and loves!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: My cat

Heh heh, ya know, cats always go to the one who doesn't like em lol.
Good job
Wildlife Education Warrior
Old 07-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Default Re: My cat

Hahaha, good one!!! Thanks for sharing that!
Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator (Texas)
Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened!
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog