Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Wildlife > Raccoons

Raccoons Talk about raccoons.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:52 PM

Default We lost our Misha

Sometime between 4 and 7 AM yesterday morning we lost another one of the great loves of our lives. A little raccoon named Misha, A game warden brought her to me. She was found after her mother was killed. She was a tiny baby. Her eyes weren't even opened yet. She was in tough shape but I saved her. I was the only mommy she ever knew. She was a special animal and she was my baby.

I posted a question about her last year. As it turned out, we cleared that up with a course of amoxidrops. After doing the math, I find she would have been 13 this next spring.

This year, on April 20, we lost Christy. She's the Golden Retriever you see in the picture with Misha. They were both babies back then and they were always the best of friends. When Christy passed, Misha was devastated. She quit eating and was terribly depressed. Two months to the day after we lost Christy, Misha started eating again and started getting better. She regained a lot of the weight she lost and was happy again. All was well until a month ago when she started giving up on the eating again. We had an increasingly very difficult time finding foods that she would eat. She started losing all the weight she gained. Last Saturday was the last time she ate well. Thursday she was unable to keep anything down. Even water. Things were not looking good for her. Thursday night I held her and hugged her for hours and talked to her endlessly. I told her everything would be okay if she needed to leave us and go to heaven. I told her to look for [insert long list of special animals] and they would take care of her and show her the ropes. I put her to bed and she died in her sleep. She was happy and knew she was deeply loved. She lived a good and long life. Now she's in a better place.

Even though I celebrate her life and the absolute joy and love she gave to us, I can't stop crying. God truly blessed us with time he allowed us to spend with her. One of my most fervent prayers in life is for truth in existence of the proverbial "Rainbow Bridge". If so, Misha is in good company awaiting the time my wife and I come along to meet up with all of them once again.

Thank you for listening.

Don

Old 11-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Default Re: We lost our Misha

Aaaaaw, I'm so sorry for your loss! What a great life you provided for both animals though. Thank you for that!

The time will come when you can live by "don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened" rule that comforts me in such times a LOT.
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 12-17-2009, 01:18 PM

Yes I agree you will be joined with your precious babies again in Heaven. Just remember though they are still with you.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:45 PM

I am sorry for your loss. The picture is so cute of the dog and the coon together.