Memberlist
Calendar
Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Introductions and News > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself This is a good place to tell a bit about yourself.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:03 PM

Default Hello!!!

I am a college student with just 1 more year left to graduate with my Bachelors degree in Conservation Biology. I am so glad to have found this forum, I hope to learn a lot about what everybody does and how I can further benefit wildlife. I have 4 dogs (Harvick - Lab/Border collie, Peyton - beagleX, Wendy and Tinkerbell - chihuahuas) 2 cats (Kitty and Fat Cat), 13 ferrets (if you want names ask lol, my boyfriend and I rescue) and a snake. As for wildlife I am a huge fan of predators especially bears, wolves, and big cats.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Hello!!!

Welcome! I look forward to learning more about you and your critters.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome, Ive got plenty of bear pics to show and some big cats and not so big cats
Old 06-11-2009, 07:12 PM

Thank you both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Welcome, Ive got plenty of bear pics to show and some big cats and not so big cats

I would love to see pics. I am especially fascinated by the asiatic bear! Gorgeous creature. And whenever I say big cats I just generalize lol which I should stop doing and just say wild cats
Old 06-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Welcome on board! What State are you in? And what are your future plans?
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 06-12-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDolittle View Post
Welcome on board! What State are you in? And what are your future plans?

Thank you! I live in Arizona and I am not 100% sure where I want to go just yet. I know I may need to start working with AGF (game and fish) or a local organization and work my way up. I have an extreme passion for pretty much ALL animals but I feel predators are mistreated and misunderstood. In the long run I would love to work for CITES to stop illegal animal trade or try and help stop the animal abuse and use in China of bears and tigers and even our domestic cats and dogs (which unfortunately are horribly treated in China). I am also fascinated with Madagascar and hope I can visit the beautiful land which lies on it one day! I want to do so much...I would love to educate society more on why we need Conservation efforts and save species, it seems too many people always say "its just an animal". Whew! LOL
Old 06-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Very interesting! I can hear your passion and have no doubt that you will make a big difference! But please please please stay in the US!! We can use every bit of you here lol! Don't you agree, Bear??
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 06-12-2009, 10:02 AM

Oh I am staying here LOL I have a professor at ASU who is amazing and works here as a teacher and works throughout the country specializing in pikas and even works in asia doing the same. So I definitely want to help the animals here but as a side job I want to stop China's abuse and use! lol.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDolittle View Post
Very interesting! I can hear your passion and have no doubt that you will make a big difference! But please please please stay in the US!! We can use every bit of you here lol! Don't you agree, Bear??

Absolutely, so many are drawn to exotic lands and they do need education. But too few fight for US animals. We need an army of educators that are not over zealous radicals that reverse the efforts made by level headed educators. If I told you the crap people do to bears hear ,you would freak.

Also, it does not matter if they are rich or poor, violators come in ALL colors and persuasions
Old 06-12-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Absolutely, so many are drawn to exotic lands and they do need education. But too few fight for US animals. We need an army of educators that are not over zealous radicals that reverse the efforts made by level headed educators. If I told you the crap people do to bears hear ,you would freak.

Also, it does not matter if they are rich or poor, violators come in ALL colors and persuasions

Most definitely! I dont think I want to focus primarily on education, but definitely get the word out there and do some education throughout my life. Where are you Bear? And you as well MissDoLittle? If I may ask.