Memberlist
Calendar
Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Introductions and News > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself This is a good place to tell a bit about yourself.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Hello!!!

I live in central Fl, Eustis actually, smack dab in the middle of bear country, I love the fauna here
Old 06-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Administrator

I LOVE that attitude!!! Don't change! lol
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 06-12-2009, 10:30 AM

Welcome to the board, nice bunch of people here. 13 ferrets thatís wonderful, we had 3 rescued ones for several years what a handful, they tormented the crap out of our kitties, but we loved them any ways Very smart animals, they loved to steal! Slippers ,socks ,dog toys ,cat toys anything they could grab and run with.. Sounds like you are going to be a wonderful asset to the animal kingdom, I am glad so many young people want to help with the environment and our wildlife. Instead of wanting to join the corporate jungle.
Goodness I sound like a old person! well I guess I am.. just an old hippie from the seventies.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Oh, I'm Central Texas.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by possumsrus View Post
Welcome to the board, nice bunch of people here. 13 ferrets thatís wonderful, we had 3 rescued ones for several years what a handful, they tormented the crap out of our kitties, but we loved them any ways Very smart animals, they loved to steal! Slippers ,socks ,dog toys ,cat toys anything they could grab and run with.. Sounds like you are going to be a wonderful asset to the animal kingdom, I am glad so many young people want to help with the environment and our wildlife. Instead of wanting to join the corporate jungle.
Goodness I sound like a old person! well I guess I am.. just an old hippie from the seventies.

My mother and aunt always tell me I am an "old soul" because I have always been so much more mature than others my age and I look out for those who cannot do it themselves (animals), and I handle horrible situations very well. I also give all credit to my parents because they raised me around animals and taught me how to be responsible for them very young. I wish more people did this... Its hard for me to walk into a home and there be NO pets.

The ferrets are a handful LOL and unfortunately are very sensitive when they get sick (we have lost 5 in the past year....) I am huge on educating what I can about ferrets because out of the 18 we original were blessed to have...only 2 we bought (the first two we had which started us on rescuing) and the rest were not taken care of the way necessary.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Then there is the whole renal cancer thing with them as well.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Administrator

pawzaddict, I would like to add a section on ferrets to my rescue website at www.rainbowwildlife.com . You sound like the perfect person to ask. Would you mind putting some basic info together for me so I can put it up? If you have with pictures and of course put your name underneath it too (if you have a link to your website too or contact info).

This way I get the subject covered and you can get the word out. What do you think about that idea?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDolittle View Post
pawzaddict, I would like to add a section on ferrets to my rescue website at www.rainbowwildlife.com . You sound like the perfect person to ask. Would you mind putting some basic info together for me so I can put it up? If you have with pictures and of course put your name underneath it too (if you have a link to your website too or contact info).

This way I get the subject covered and you can get the word out. What do you think about that idea?

Hey that sounds amazing!!! I would definitely love to. We have not gotten a website up yet because to be honest we just bought our home (my boyfriend and I) and legally couldnt become a rescue while renting so we still have to register and then we will set up a site but for now I will give my email address. Give me this weekend to work on it?