Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Pets > Cats and Kittens

Cats and Kittens Talk about cats and kittens.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:12 AM
Wink A very short story between me and Cookie

After all the days of work, trying as hard as I can to earn a place in a small office of a telemarketing company. I was informed by the manager that I was not competent to work as a telemarketer (though they acknowledged I have all the required skills). I then got on a train and, an hour later I found myself walking home from a street corner around my house, still feeling discourage.

But just right before I step my foot on my neighbor’s sidewalk I heard a loud and welcoming ‘meow’, it was my neighbor’s cat Cookie, a domestic short hair with ash-grey smooth coat. He came close to my legs and rub his cheek and shoulders against my leg, warmly welcome me home (my house is two house further down the street). In that moment I felt that he had been expecting me at his owner’s front yard for some time, which he never do. After some 5 minutes of rubbing, I told him that I was feeling better and thanked him for his concern, so I asked him to return his home. But he only walk few pace away from me then come back, rubbing and meowing softly as if he wasn’t convinced that I was well.

I need to go home, so I started walking again and I thought he may return to his owner’s house as usual. Instead he cautiously and slowly followed me (which is something he never do.) until I stand at the front door of my house. I sensed that he wanted to come in with me, but he felt that it was enough for this time and left without looking back.

Had he sensed my mood from miles away I would not know, but he seemed very in tune with my feelings and offered the comfort and love I needed in that moment.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Default Re: A very short story between me and Cookie

Aaaaw what a sweet story! Sorry about the job though...
Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator (Texas)
Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened!
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog