Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Pets > Dogs and Puppies

Dogs and Puppies Chat about Dogs and Puppies

Old 04-25-2008, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Great News!!!

video coming soon....hopefully....anyways...funny side note....anabell and i went out all day yesterday, a bunch of pet shops, and a nice long walk, a short play date with the dog next store and she was crashed! a few months ago i wouldn't even dare take her anywhere, now she's my buddy....but she was very overtired last night...and we saw a bit of the old behavior....she barked at me....i gave her such a look, she immediately knew what she did was not acceptable....she quickly sat, then i gave her just he hand signal for down and she did it no problem. it was just funny to see the difference. before when she did something wrong, she didn't care, now it's like "uh oh...i want to please my leader not make him mad"
she finally looks to me as a leader...i can't tell you how happy that makes me!!!!

gotta love that bully smile!

Calvin--"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of man?"
Hobbs--"I'm not sure that man needs the help."

Bill Watterson author of Calvin and Hobbs
Old 04-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Administrator

That's good news! Just keep in mind though that the moment you let your guards down, you can stop being the leader again..just takes a second..and another second to re-gain the role too.

I guess my point is that it is a constant reminding and ongoing process that needs to be maintained. It's not that once you are the leader you'll stay the leader forever, you know what I mean?
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 04-25-2008, 09:37 AM

totally!!! but we use her training throughout the day....like that she needs to sit by a door and wait for use to leave first, or that she needs to eat only after "earning" it...like a good walk or something like that...i use a lot of what the dog whisper taught me for the reinforcement...well...for most of what we've been through.

Calvin--"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of man?"

Old 04-27-2008, 04:34 PM

I love to hear about her progress. She is a cutie!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:39 AM

sunday....we went on a 5 mile walk for march of dimes....there where thousands of people there...and hundreds of dogs...including anabell...this was a huge test......and she passed with flying colors!!!!!!!! not only did we get compliments on how beautiful she was, but also how well behaved!!!!! i couldn't believe it...she was a little hyper at the beginning, but it was to be expected. She played with every dog we saw, and even had a boyfriend that she ran into often throughout the walk! we walked with my sister-in-law and her dog...her dog is not dog friendly...which we didn't know until then. He tried to bite anabell several times....but this is the great part...anabell didn't do anything back, she backed away from him, sat down in the heal position next to me, and then looked up waiting for a command on what to do next!!!! even after that, she had no problem walking next to him!! what a great day.

with every step two steps forward there is one step back....yesterday, my wife and anabell were playing with a toy. when my wife reached for it, anabell growled...not a play one either, my wife quickly corrected her...(back to the good news)...she listened...she knew what she did was wrong, and appeared (humanizing in progress) to show remorse...

i love giving updates like this!
next up...wed. last day of basic dog class and suday, a huge dog expo in pa...if anabell can handle the walk, she can handle anything!!!!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:30 AM

today's the day....her last basic class!! (we hope!!) keep fingers crossed for us...but i honestly think she'll do great!!!!!!

next stop....advanced class and therapy training!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Administrator

She's gonna be famous!! I just know it!
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 04-30-2008, 01:21 PM

Default just the luck!

just got a phone call. dog class is cancelled. our trainer just got out of the hospital!! we still don't know what happened! i hope he's okay!! anyway, all anabell is going to realize is that we're not going for class.

oh well...we'll go for a really long walk today...she'll be happy!

Old 05-05-2008, 08:42 AM

yesterday, we went to a great dog expo. there were a ton of rescues from labs, to boxers, to rotties! and our dog trainer had a few demos too, including an agility trial. those dogs were great! the best part was after the pros showed their stuff, all the dogs could, if they wanted to, give it a shot themselves....and guess what....anabell did great!!! i'll post some pics in a little bit to show you but...it was awesome! best of all was the reaction we got from people. many people that were there, knew anabell from a few months ago. the crazy, dog aggressive, disobediate pup she was. we received soooo many compliments about her it was rediculous! i can't believe it. anyway....another great day!

Old 05-05-2008, 08:48 AM

this was the ramp

this was anabell conquering the ramp

her first of many jumps yesterday!

anabell feeling pretty proud of herself

Last edited by amstaff : 05-07-2008 at 08:27 AM. Reason: last picture didn't work