Memberlist
Calendar
Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Introductions and News > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself This is a good place to tell a bit about yourself.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:01 PM

Default Howdy do,

Hellooo. My name is Kirial, I'm a silly little backwoods girl from Missouri with a knack for finding, or being found by, every little injured or abandoned animal within 10 miles. I stumbled on this site while looking up what to feed an adult squirrel (only done babes before.) And these forums seem just the place to find help, as our conservation team in this area is too busy releasing pumas and wolves and trying to fib about it to worry over whatever poor thing is on my back porch. So, I will probably be seen around here quite a bit with spring coming and everyone waking up from their winter naps to make babies.

~Kirial

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Howdy do,

A very warm welcome to you, Kirial! Sounds like you fit right in!

Did you find out what to feed adult squirrels?
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 03-24-2008, 11:48 PM

Sure did. She's at the mercy of my cabinet as my attempt to send the husband to town after certain things failed (somehow squirrel corn, and large rodent food turned into a bag of guinie pig chow and subway... but at least he tried)

So she'll have to make due with organic cherrios, apples, and dry roasted unsalted peanuts. I'm really wanting to push the apples to help push hydrations and glucose balance to counteract the shock and injury. I know they arnt the best foods for her, but it's the best we have until I can have sis hit the shoppe tomorrow night. She is similarly persuaded in the cause of the hopeless sucker and was with to help in the initial rescue.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:32 AM
Administrator

Hi Kirial and welcome!

I'm a small town country girl who gets found by all the half starving cats...and of course I'm such a sucker. lol

I think cats send psychic messages to each other and it goes something like this....Hey guys, head on over to this house (mental image of house sent to all cats within radar range) you'll get all the food you want. The two-legged that lives there is such a sucker.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:35 PM

Welcome to the board! I think your husband had better get his glasses checked if he's coming home with subway to feed the rodents. :P
Old 04-07-2008, 12:58 AM

hehe, especially since one was a seafood supreme and the other was that "feast" speacialty sandwhich they have right now.