Memberlist
Calendar
Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Pets > Cats and Kittens

Cats and Kittens Talk about cats and kittens.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Abandoned Kitten Update!

Yay! May Bast watch over you and her child.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
I'M DOING IT. OK I am pretty excited, but I shouldn't get my hopes up. Here is the plan. Go to airport an hour earlier than usual. If he passes Jordan, which is likely because all they want is money for the extra "passenger" and if he doesn't, my mother has agreed to take him to the shelter the next day. After Jordan, it's all smooth sailing. Why?

http://canadaonline.about.com/gi/dyn...Fpetse .shtml

"Domestic or pet cats less than three months of age can enter Canada for any period of time without vaccination, quarantine, or certification."

!!!!!!!!!
Yes!!!!
!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck!

COOOOLLLLL!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you, BTW how's your baby? you must be pretty excited. Best luck to you and your little guy/gal
Old 09-05-2008, 04:58 AM

Hey,

Thanks for all the support you guys!!! He is doing fine, getting bigger by the day. I think since I got him he has at least doubled in weight. Best of all, he is pooing almost every post-feeding elimination! It is a light brown (with what sort of looks like black veins going across it) and comes out in a long thin cylinder shape. He also seems to hate it when we have to eliminate. When would it be time to start potty training?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Administrator

I have yet to potty train a kitten really. Once the eyes are open and they start moving around, I offer a shallow dish with catlitter in it and place the kittens in there after each feeding. Eventually they'll start using it on their own. Also have some dry catfood and water available to get used to. Don't even bother with canned food. It only makes the poo stink and has hardly any nutrition.

Good luck!
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 09-05-2008, 01:30 PM

We wish all goes well for you and your baby kitten. They are such a joy to be with. I liked cats but when we found our little darling he brought so much joy to our lives. I pray your little one is able to stay with you and you will share many adventures together.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:11 PM

I hope everything works out for you and your new baby! Good luck to you!!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:16 PM

Hello again!

Sorry about the delay! Hopefully this news is worth the wait. Like most Hollywood movies, this story has a happy ending!!! The kitten arrived safely in Canada and all is well! On my way into Canada, the customs guy told me I had to go into the baggage search place to do some paperwork for the cat (the same place the "randomly" picked people go to get searched). I wasn't surprised to see only minorities in there, but in a weird way it still felt good to be told to go in there because of the kitty and not because they suspect me of being a terrorist or drug/gun runner for once! Turns out because of his age he doesn't need any paperwork, so after showing the poo covered kitten to the security lady I was on my way home. I have her set up in the storage room where his pee can't get underneath the floor. I have been trying to potty train him, but if I leave him to his own devices, he just eats the pebbles inside the bin! I tried getting it all out of his mouth, but I doubt I got em all. He seems to be fine though, the pebbles become soft when they come in touch with water. He is growing super fast, but not fast enough! School is already getting busy and this feeding/eliminating/playing every four hours isn't really helping my schedule. Where can I find more information about how to care for him in later weeks? He is drinking almost 30ml every feeding now, I am just kind of gradually increasing the amount as he grows, but it isn't the most accurate way. Oh, I also thought of a name! Besides animals, I also love cars, so I named him after my favourite car, the Pagani Zonda (his name is just Zonda). Anyways, I can't wait for him to get peeing and pooping responsibly and not all over himself/myself/the floor lol. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you about this... Going through security means taking him out of the box, and going through the metal detector together. In Jordan, when he was still freshly placed in the box, this was fine. But in France, covered in Poo, it wasn't. Especially when you're Arab! They of course wanted to open up and look through all my bags after the metal detector fiasco, which meant I had to open the bags, and show them around! They thought the Arabic coffee I had with me was some sort of drug or something, and long story short, the coffee now has a hint of exotic Zonda poop!
Old 09-11-2008, 04:13 PM

I'm so happy your kitty made it with you. To potty train him I suggest putting him on the litter after every feeding, rub his belly like you use to do before, and put him on the litter looking towards you so you can make sure he doesn't eat it,they get it fast, and soon they'll star trying to dig it up. also if he gets dirty wash him with a wet rough towel to simulate his mother, he would hate it and start grooming himself and not getting dirty, that's how I did it with pepper, the other one just imitated her sister
Old 09-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Administrator

WHOA, I'm totally impressed! Congratulations!!!

Ok, lets see..Zonda is 3 weeks old now right? Cut down feedings to every six hours instead of 4, no more night feedings. Last feeding at 10 pm, first one at 6 am.

Follow the tips from saltandpepper and also go to my kitten website for more info on that at: www.kittenbaby.com

The kittens I have at the moment at the exact same age. I keep them on a towel which I exchange 3 times a day, because it's soaked, even though I still make them go potty after I feed them. It's just the way it is.

However, it only lasts a week or two the most. If you keep that shallow dish there with the kitty litter in it and not much else room to wander around but a sleeping place outside, the kitten will use it eventually.

When you put the kitten into the litter box you have to hold his head up high, so the mouth won't bump into the kitty litter. Some kittens try to eat it, yes, but they are really not going to like it, so once they have tasted it, they are trying to avoid getting it into the faces, but they lose the balance when they are put down by a human hand. Kitties have heavy heads LOL.

Does that help any?
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 10-07-2008, 05:43 PM

Hello again!

I haven't forgotten you guys! The kitty is doing awesome. Really active and loves to scratch and bite anything and everything (this is normal, right?). I think it is safe to say it is a she now. She is litter trained, and eating and drinking all by herself! She grew up really fast, and is still growing! Here are some pics, which I probably still don't know how to upload properly.