Memberlist
Calendar
Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Pets > Cats and Kittens

Cats and Kittens Talk about cats and kittens.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:53 AM

Default Pets for sale

Sorry abt the pics b'coz it was a sunny day that morning. They turned out to be quite disappointing. I can't see properly when I snapped the pics. The sun is too bright that day. Anyway, hope you guys love them.

Different species of birds are for sale at this Sunday Market

And also puppies

Hamsters

And kittens

Poor little things looked wet. I think the owner must have sprayed them with water b'coz it was extremely hot that morning. You can feel the heat "biting" your skin. The two kittens got eye infections. I feel sorry for them & hope their owner can do something abt their eye infections. Each is sold for RM40 which is quite costly for young small kittens. I think they're only a mth plus old. I hope both find new foster parents. For God's sake, I really feel sorry for them.

And finally this cutie. I think she was wetting the place with her urine.

Last edited by nouri : 12-01-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Pets for sale

Deco of tree trunks are also for sale here.

Didn't manage to snap many pics b'coz I got headache due to the hot weather. I'll show some more next time.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Administrator

OMG, I'd go crazy there! Thankfully it's illegal here to sell animals on markets like this here. Our county passed the law this year actually. No more puppies, kittens and whatever else on flea markets, road sides, parking lot, nowhere, only from their own home.
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 12-02-2008, 01:27 AM

Sure a cool place for animal lovers. The market used to have many pets for sale but nowadays you can find a little bit of that & this. Wish both our city halls are doing the same thing but then, well it's okay to breed animals for their babies. In fact there're many abandoned cats/kittens/dogs around. These vendors can pick them & sell at the Sunday market.

A few mths ago, my sister brought home an abandoned kitten that she found at a wet market. Too bad the little thing cannot make it. She shd have brought her to the vet if she really wanted to keep her. If I had enuff cash to spare, I'd like to have my own shelter home. There's a Malay lady bringing home stray & abandoned cats that she could find. God bless her for what she does. Luckily she's well-off & has no problems with funds.

Hopefully I can find time to visit the shelter & share the pics including the owner.

Last edited by nouri : 12-02-2008 at 01:29 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Ya, the lack of funds is what keeps me from going big scale. If I had the money, I would hire a vet to have all dogs and cats fixed before they are adopted out here and offer cheaper operations for low income pet owners that can't afford 200 dollars to get their cat or dog fixed. Prices are ridiculous here.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 AM

Here the cost to neuter/spay cats is expensive. I believe most people here won't spend anything like that b'coz they feel it's not worth paying. Even I've the same attitude. After all the cats/kittens taken care by me do not belong to me. After a few considerations, I'll take the mother cat to the vet one day. The mother cat shd take a long rest after many years getting pregnant & giving birth. My sister is very cruel!!! I really hate to say that but it's a reality.

Even cat's foods & kitten's milk are expensive but usually we just feed the cats/kittens with cooked mackerels & other fresh fish. The medical fee is quite reasonable & affordable.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Administrator

It always comes down to money, doesn't it?
Old 12-13-2008, 08:29 PM

Yeaaaahhh, that's rite.

I'm thinking of getting the kitten's powder milk but the place is a bit far from my house. It's b'coz I notice the Mother Cat seems not to be interested to feed her babies. I've to force her into the cage. No wonder Munchy died. I guess lack of nutrients. But too bad, he died this morning. Here a small tin of kitten's powder milk costs USD10 which is almost RM40. To me it's expensive.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:35 PM

Our economy here is slowing down too with the rising prices of goods (foods & necessities) & fuel. You just imagine I've to budget & be extra-careful with my spending. It's a tight budget. Fresh fish like mackerels costs USD2/kg. Maybe it sounds cheap but I've 5 adult cats & 2 kittens to feed every day.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Believe me, it's not any cheaper here! That's why take donations from people to help me buy the stuff. Once the kittens eat solid food, I do feed them dry catfood though, that is cheap here, cheaper than fresh fish.