Memberlist
Calendar
Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Introductions and News > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself This is a good place to tell a bit about yourself.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:44 AM

Default New member :) Hi there!

Hi, I'm Chrissy... I'm 19 and I spend most my time working at the SPCA.. and fostering, and all my spare time with MY family (meaning, my animals.)

I have two dogs, two cats, two rabbits, two rats, a pigeon and a ferret. I'd love to introduce you to them all but it would take me all night, and I might bore you. I can link you to some photos though.. Goober, my pigeon is all grown up now though and will be set free this weekend! Sniffle.

My family

I have 6 foster kittens at the moment. Two boys are 8 weeks, three boys are 7 weeks, and one girl at 4-5 weeks. I bottle fed them all, and on one night emergency bottle fed another 6 wee kittens! So I'm a bit of a tired foster-mom. On top of working, and my 10 animals? And rehabilitating the "rats with wings" (aka: pigeons)? He-he. Happy, satisfied... proud foster-mommy too.

Glad to find this forum. (Thanks MissDolittle!) I'm sure to enjoy my time here! Edward agrees (my black and white foster kitten with a fractured tail) he's staring at the screen intently.. with his little motor going!
Old 12-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Default Re: New member :) Hi there!

Welcome on board, Chrissy! What a way to meet too, via youtube and all! Look at the cute family you got there too, awesome!!! And even a wildlife rehabber is in you, raising and setting free a pigeon!

What State are you in? What are your plans for the future? Will you be working with animals? Or plan to?
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 12-11-2008, 04:17 PM

I'd like to continue working at the SPCA for now... and when I win lotto, start my own rescue centre. (Ha-ha, joking.) I like working with rescue animals most. And I like saving pigeons because everyone doesn't like them cos they're a pest in the city, but I let them go up around my house and they're not really a pest then. I don't often hand-rear them though, my Goober was a special case. I don't have time on top of fostering kittens. :-p I usually take on sick/skinny pigeons and help them recuperate.

I actually live in New Zealand, so I'm miles away! I live in the capital, Wellington... so our SPCA is the second busiest in NZ.. I'd like to say second biggest, except we have bad premises at the moment, far too small. We're moving next year or the year after though.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Oh hun, you don't need to wait for a lottery win. Just keep your eyes open for the opportunity. I never won the lottery, but I let others help me, asked for support, and I was surprised how many people stepped forward.

That makes it a lot of winners than just that one winning the lottery. Makes it more fun too . Community spirit and all that. You already have the foot in the door at the SPCA, learning and gaining experience. Keep on doing what you do!!!
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog