Memberlist
Calendar
Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Pets > Cats and Kittens

Cats and Kittens Talk about cats and kittens.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:45 PM

Default Re: My own Cats

Akeer hasn't returned home. Today it's the 4th day. I stop searching for him as I've to clean the house. It's turning upside down & messy bcoz of the flood. It's raining heavily here since early this morning. I hope Akeer is safe out there & someone cares enuff to provide him with shelter & foods. Poor Akeer.

I keep telling myself that I'm raising young kittens to grow up as adult cats. When they're old enuff to mate & roam around, they're free to go. But the fact is - Akeer returned home around 9AM something everyday. Only at nite, he slept somewhere to give in to the other male stray cat. I haven't gave up on him yet. MissDolittle, I hope you'll pray for Akeer too. Thanx.

We've a big basin in the washroom. I'll let our young kittens swim in it & will let you know okay.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:49 PM

BTW MissDolittle, do you know our Mother Cat is almost 14 years old. I wish her children can live longer like her. Too bad for Akeer. To be frank, I'm a bit depressed when Akeer went missing.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:44 AM

I snapped these 2 pics abt an hr ago.

The Mother Cat
It's not easy to snap her pics bcoz she's not a friendly cat.

Pinky with the 2 young kittens, Piratte & Princess
I'm glad we managed to find Pinky after 11 days missing.

Akeer & Pinky playing. I shot this pic last Aidil Fitri.

Akeer & Teru
Like father like son. Teru went missing somewhere in July 2007 & never came back. Akeer once didn't come home for 3 days. But since last Monday after the flood, Akeer hasn't shown up yet. I hope he's doing alrite out there. Maybe someone with a good heart is giving him a shelter & food. Anyway, I hope he'll be home soon.

Last edited by nouri : 01-15-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Administrator

They are so precious, but Pinky looks very sad in the cage. All of them would be too big for me to put into a cage. I wouldn't be friendly either in there lol.

I had a cat when I lived out in the country, he disappeared for 3 months! I had given up on him. Then one evening I hear a cat and go look, and there he was! If cats are not neutered or spayed, they go roaming around, driven by hormones.
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 01-15-2009, 09:28 AM

I didn't know abt that. I shd have neutered/spayed him. The kids love Akeer so much & I feel so guilty abt it. I'll wait for him to come home & get him neutered.

Yeah, you're damn rite abt Pinky. He hates the cage. I'm not the one putting him in the cage. It's the kids bcoz they're so afraid to lose him again.

I believe Akeer will be home sooner or later. In fact we had a female cat missing for mths. We searched for her everywhere & finally we gave up. After some mths my sister went shopping to a shopping mall. When she returned to her car, she saw the cat sitting under her car. This is what I call a miracle!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Just about every animal has the instinct to preserve it's species through hormones and breeding. That will always be the number 1 drive. Even for domesticated animal like cats and dogs. Some animals react different than the other, but most of them go looking for mates and forget everything else.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:35 PM

Thanx MissDolittle. I learn many new things from you. I thought all this while everything is okay since Akeer would return home on time every morning. I guess he got lost while escaping the small flood that morning. In fact that Monday evening, we experienced another small flood. I saw the guys rescuing a cat on the roof of a house that evening. The stray cat at our backyard is "very alive" & that's a good news bcoz I'm expecting the same for Akeer.

MissDolittle, I think I'm becoming a cat lover without realizing it. Whenever I hang out with my close friends, I always talk abt our cats & kittens. My friends are not cat lovers & surprisingly one of them adopts 2 kittens from the shelter. Another friend buys fish & sardine to feed the stray cats at her backyard.

Last edited by nouri : 01-16-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Great! Loving cats is contagious! hehehehe
Old 01-20-2009, 12:49 AM

Talking abt your cats/kittens to your friends, neighbors & relatives is one good way to create awareness & loving/caring for animals. I was really surprised when one of them said she went to the shelter & adopted a cat. And later on another cat.

Today is the 9th day. We still can't locate Akeer. Last Sunday morning, we drove to the other side of the town but too bad we got stuck in the bad jam. It's bcoz the Chinese are gonna celebrate Chinese New Year next week. So most probably they do their shopping over the weekend.

Well, we haven't given up on Akeer.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:05 PM

I forgot to ask. Do you chase away the stray cats from your backyard?

Thanx.