Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Pets > Dogs and Puppies

Dogs and Puppies Chat about Dogs and Puppies

Old 02-23-2009, 03:46 AM
Default My new apartment smells awful!! Help!!

I recently moved into a new apartment, and apparently the tenants before me had a pet. I think the landlord tried cleaning the carpet to remove the urine odor before I moved in. I didnít notice it before, but the smell is now getting worse. Iíve tried a few products and nothing seems to work in getting rid of the smell. Does anyone know products that will get rid of the smell for good? Iíve looked into Store bought cleaners Pet Supply replacing my carpets. Any suggestions?

~~~~~Favorite Quote:
"I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well." -Diane Ackerman
Old 02-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Default Re: My new apartment smells awful!! Help!!

Eeeew, not a nice situation, doesn't speak well for your landlord! Other than baking soda, Mule Borax and Oxy Clean, I haven't used anything else on my carpet. It went ok for a while, but I eventually got rid of all carpets (having tons of pets I gave up and decided for a stone floor).

However, charging rent for something that nasty should be forbidden. The smell is probably not in the carpet but in the stuff that's underneath and it probably stays there forever.
Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator (Texas)
Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened!
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 04-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Default Re: My new apartment smells awful!! Help!!

If you have a carpet cleaner, clean the carpet really well with the carpet cleaning detergent...then go over it again with just water and add some good smelling fabric softener to it. Your apartment will smell snuggle fresh.